Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Mansion in Heaven for me?

A Mansion in Heaven for me?

The most common answer is, yes. God provided for Job when he was faithful, God provided for Abraham when he was faithful. God provided for both of these men for following His commandments. God also provided riches for many other prophets and/or kings when they followed his commandments. God provided immeasurable amounts by today’s standards to all these men.

However, we must keep in mind that these examples are all in the Old Testament. They lived the standards of the Old Testament (blood atonements and/or sacrifices for their sins and/or trespasses).

In the New Testament we are no longer held or required to sacrifice animals for our sins. Jesus Christ (our Lord and Savoir) has taken it upon Himself to pay for our sins. He has paid the ultimate price for each of us.

Jesus also gave us some new instructions in the New Testament about money and homes or houses. In Matthew (6:19-20) and John (14:2-3) we are given examples that we do not need a home here unless this is where we want to live, subjecting our homes to “where moth and rust doth corrupt and where thieves break through and steal” (Mat 6:19, KJV).

We need to build ourselves a home; we must allow God to build our mansion in heaven (John 14:2-3) where all is safe. We need to place our trust in Jesus, not in man. Jesus Christ already has a mansion for us with Him; it is up to us to fill it.

However, if we as man are still desirous to have all the money we can and let money (or earthly desires, which are ruled by Satan) and they wish to build their grand homes and receive their lush rewards here on earth. Then these individuals who make this choice need to be prepared to live up to the Old Testament standard i.e. 10+ commandments given in Exodus and Deuteronomy. This is a tough standard to say the least. I know of only one man that was able to manage this standard successfully, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

As for me I will allow Christ to build my home, my mansion. I choose to follow Christ and accept His death and resurrection, His suffering, His pain as may wage for my sin. As for the rest of you which scoff at this, I hope and pray you too will see the way. Until then I hope you have a large supply of unblemished sacrificial livestock at your disposal.

1 comment:

TO BECOME said...

I am with you, Bill. I am following Jesus my Lord and Saviour, He was my sacrifice . I am not working to go to be saved and go to heaven but working because I am saved and I am going to heaven. When Jesus paid for my Salvation, He gave ALL to me and because I love Him I have given my All to Him to use wherever and however He see fit. connie from Texas

Very good post.